Custom Car Sweepstakes Rules
STA-BIL 360 CUSTOM CAR SWEEPTSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("CONTINENTAL U.S."). VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The STA-Bil 360 Custom Car Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the Continental U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), Gold Eagle Co. ("Gold Eagle"), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. ("Promotion Administrator"), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on January 12, 2014 and ends 11:59 ET on August 31, 2014.
To enter the Sweepstakes, visit http://velocity.discovery.com/customcarsweeps and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 11:59 PM ET on August 31, 2014. Limit one entry per person/email address per day.
Note that by entering this Sweepstakes, you are agreeing to receive special updates regarding Discovery programming, events and promotions and to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about August 31, 2014, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award the following prize:
One (1) Grand Prize: A redesigned 1971 Chevrolet Camaro Muscle Car ("Vehicle Prize"), a trip for two people to Las Vegas, NV, for SEMA 2014 ("Travel Prize"), and a cash award of $30,000 ("Cash Prize"). The Vehicle Prize is valued at approximately $98,000. The Travel Prize is valued at approximately $3,250.
The Vehicle Prize will be transported by Sponsor to a location of the winner's choice within the Continental United States. Winner will have one month from notice of availability of vehicle to take delivery. Winner must present a valid driver's license, evidence of insurance, and any other information required by Sponsor in order to take delivery of the vehicle. If winner does not take timely delivery of vehicle or otherwise fails to satisfy the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited. Winner is solely responsible for any expenses not expressly provided for in these Official Rules relating to acceptance and use of prize, as well as all federal, state and local taxes, including, but not limited to, all luxury, special and income taxes that may be applicable, license, title and registration fees, pick up and all other transport/delivery costs, insurance, locally required equipment and options, and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the vehicle. Vehicle depicted in advertising and promotional materials may vary from actual prize vehicle.
The Travel Prize will consist of round trip coach air travel for two people to Las Vegas, NV, from a major commercial airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor); one double-occupancy hotel room for 4 days/3 nights; ground transportation; $500 spending money; and admission to the 2014 SEMA Show. All other expenses not specified herein are the winner's sole responsibility. Trip must be taken at the time of the 2014 SEMA Show in November 2014 on dates to be determined by Sponsor. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations, for any travel insurance and for all trip expenses not specified. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation will be selected by Sponsor.
The Cash Prize will be awarded in the form of a check in U.S. currency made payable to the Vehicle Prize winner. The purpose of the cash award is to provide the winner with funds that he/she may apply toward the payment of any tax liabilities he/she may incur as a result of winning the Vehicle Prize, or for any other purpose he/she wishes.
Sponsor will issue winner a required IRS 1099Misc. for the value of Vehicle, Cash Prize, and Travel Prize awarded. Sponsor makes no representations or assurances that Cash Prize awarded will be sufficient to cover the winner's tax responsibilities. No prize transfer. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Potential winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release and an IRS W-9 form which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner represents that he/she understands that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner represents that he/she recognizes that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsors' request.
5. GENERAL: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.velocity.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Discovery Channel or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of http://velocity.com/customcarsweeps.Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: To receive a winner list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2014, to: STA-BIL 360 Custom Car Sweepstakes Winners List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750 0750.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.