VELOCITY'S AUCTION INSIDER LAS VEGAS 2016 GAME
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO WIN PRIZES.
A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE IS REQUIRED TO CLAIM THE GRAND PRIZE.
- PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Velocity's Auction Insider Las Vegas 2016 Game (the "Contest") provides the opportunity for participants to compete in a fantasy bidding contest in conjunction with portions of the Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas 2016 automobile auction from Thursday, October 13, 2016 through Saturday, October 15, 2016 (the "Contest Period"), subject to the specific applicable time periods described below. Participants will earn points as described in Section 4 below, for the opportunity to win prizes as described in Section 6 below. A Facebook account is required for participation for the opportunity to win prizes; free Facebook accounts are available at www.facebook.com. A Twitter account is optional for participation for the opportunity to win prizes; free Twitter accounts are available at www.twitter.com.
Note the following additional information which participants may find helpful:
- Making an exact bid does not guarantee that you have won a prize. Winners are determined based on points which are awarded for accuracy, speed, and for social sharing, as described in Section 4 below.
- Potential winners will not be immediately notified during the game. Each potential winner will be notified by email and/or Facebook message within approximately 5-10 business days following the end of the Contest, as described in Section 7 below.
- If you have a question about whether you have potentially won a prize or not, you can email your question to email@example.com. Replies can be expected within approximately two business days.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of participation. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), its promotional partner Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC, its prizing partner Spring Mountain Motorsports, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Contest Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Further, any person who has previously won a Grand Prize from any of Velocity's Auction Insider games during the 365 days prior the start date of this Contest will not be eligible to claim the Grand Prize in this Contest. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and may be made at any time. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local rules apply. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, contestants: (a) fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor (which decisions shall be final and binding in all respects), including without limitation decisions regarding eligibility, winners and the interpretation of terms used in these Official Rules; (b) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that all information provided by a participant in connection with the Contest is true, accurate and complete; and (d) agree to comply with all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any participant may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND EARN POINTS: Contestants will be challenged to accurately predict the auction hammer price for up to twenty-four (24) Sponsor-designated vehicles (each a "Designated Vehicle", collectively the "Designated Vehicles"), which will be sold at the Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas 2016 automobile auction (each, an "Auction"). Entrants may submit a fantasy bid ("Contest Bid") in connection with each Auction by following the instructions set forth below. Up to twenty-four (24) Auctions will take place during the following periods (collectively, the "Auction Times").
- Thursday, October 13, 2016, beginning at 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time ("ET") and continuing until the later of either (i) the conclusion of the Auction for the final Designated Vehicle of such day or (ii) at 10:00 p.m. ET;
- Friday, October 14, 2016, beginning at 2:00 p.m. ET and continuing until the later of either (i) the conclusion of the Auction for the final Designated Vehicle of such day or (ii) at 10:00 p.m. ET; and
- Saturday, October 15, 2016, beginning at 2:00 p.m. ET and continuing until the later of either (i) the conclusion of the Auction for the final Designated Vehicle of such day or (ii) 10:00 p.m. ET.
The timeframe during which a participant may place a Contest Bid for a particular Designated Vehicle (a "Bidding Time"; collectively, the "Bidding Times") will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in each case will immediately precede the real-time automobile auction for the Designated Vehicle taking place during Velocity/Discovery Channel's live broadcast of the Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas 2016 automobile auction (currently scheduled to include the Auction times above, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion, check your local listings and channels). The Bidding Time for each Designated Vehicle will expire upon the earlier of (i) Sponsor's announcement in the applicable broadcast and within the game at the Website that the Bidding Time has expired or (ii) when the Designated Vehicle is placed on the auction block.
To participate, visit www.AuctionInsider.com (the "Website"), follow the online instructions to log into the Website using your Facebook login credentials, monitor the broadcasts referenced above and/or the game interface at the Website for the start of each Bidding Time, and then submit your Contest Bid for the applicable Designated Vehicle before the end of the applicable Bidding Time. To submit your Contest Bid, use the Contest interface at the Website to enter the amount (in US dollars) that you believe will be the final auction hammer price of the applicable Designated Vehicle. Participants may not share the same Facebook account. Sponsor's clock shall be the official clock of the Contest. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Once you have submitted a Contest Bid, it cannot be changed. Note that there is a limit of one (1) Contest Bid per person/Facebook account, per Auction. Note further that in order for all of your points to be counted as it relates to the determination of the Grand Prize winner, you must use the same Facebook account each time you participate in the Contest.
After you have submitted your Contest Bid, you may follow the instructions at the Website to earn additional points (as described in Section 5 below) by sharing Sponsor's message about the Contest (a "Social Share") on your personal Facebook and/or Twitter account, in accordance with the following limits:
- Limit one (1) Social Share per Facebook account, per Auction;
- Limit one (1) Social Share per Twitter account, per Auction;
See Section 8 below for additional Social Share requirements and restrictions.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE AS A "GUEST" WITHOUT LOGGING INTO THE WEBSITE USING YOUR FACEBOOK LOGIN CREDENTIALS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, YOU WILL BE INELIGIBLE TO CLAIM ANY PRIZE, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF POINTS EARNED OR YOUR POSITION ON ANY LEADERBOARD.
- SCORING AND WINNER DETERMINATION:
Points may be earned for the accuracy of a Contest Bid ("Accuracy Points") as follows: Each participant may earn a maximum of 40,000 Accuracy Points per Designated Vehicle, by submitting a Contest Bid which exactly matches the actual auction hammer price of that vehicle at the Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas 2016 automobile auction ("Hammer Price"). The less accurate a participant's Contest Bid, the fewer Accuracy Points he/she will earn. For participants whose Contest Bids do not exactly match the applicable Hammer Price, Accuracy Points will be awarded by first determining the greater number of dollars between either: (a) $0 and the Hammer Price; or (b) the Hammer Price and $400,000 (such greater number being the "Maximum Gap"). Next, the number of dollars between the participant's bid and the Hammer Price will be counted (the "Participant's Gap", which is calculated as a positive number, regardless of whether the Contest Bid is higher than or lower than the Hammer Price). Then, the Participant's Gap is divided by the Maximum Gap, and the resulting percentage is multiplied by 40,000. Finally, the resulting number is subtracted from 40,000 to determine number of Accuracy Points the participant earns for the applicable Contest Bid. For example:
- presume the Hammer Price of a Designated Vehicle is $150,000, therefore the Maximum Gap is $250,000 (in this case, the greater number of dollars between the Hammer Price and $400,000);
- presume a participant's Contest Bid is $155,000, therefore the Participant's Gap is $5,000 (the number of dollars between the Contest Bid and the Hammer Price);
- the Participant's Gap is divided by the Maximum Gap ($5,000 divided by $250,000 equals .02, or 2%);
- this percentage is then multiplied by 40,000 (40,000 times .02 equals 800), and the resulting number is subtracted from 40,000 (40,000 minus 800 equal 39,200), therefore the participant would earn 39,200 Accuracy Points for this Contest Bid.
Points will be awarded for the speed of a Contest Bid ("Speed Points") as follows: Each participant may earn a possible maximum of 4,800 Speed Points, by submitting a Contest Bid immediately upon the start of a Bidding Time. For each second that elapses after a particular Bidding Time has started, one point will be deducted from 4,800, to determine the number of Speed Points awarded in connection with a particular Contest Bid. For example, if a participant submits a Contest Bid five minutes (in other words, 300 seconds) after the applicable Bidding Time has started, the participant will receive 4,500 Speed Points (4,800 minus 300) in connection with the Contest Bid.
Points will be awarded for posting a Social Share as follows:
Each participant will earn 1,000 points for each eligible Social Share they complete, subject to the limits stated in Section 4 above.
The eligible entrant (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) who earns the most points in connection with a particular Auction will be deemed a "First Prize Winner", pending verification of eligibility and continued compliance with these Official Rules and Sponsor's instructions. In the event of a tie for a First Prize, the entrant who submitted his/her applicable bid earlier will prevail. In the event a tie for a First Prize cannot be broken in this manner, the Sponsor will rank the applicable tied entrants in descending alphabetical order by last name (and if necessary then by first name), such that the last name beginning with 'z' would rank higher on the list of potential winners than the last name beginning with 'v.'.
Limit one (1) First Prize per person/household. After winning a First Prize, any points earned by a First Prize winner will only count toward the determination of the Grand Prize winner.
The eligible entrant (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) who earns the greatest number of total points throughout the entire Contest Period will be deemed the "Grand Prize Winner", pending verification of eligibility and continued compliance with these Official Rules and Sponsor's instructions. In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the Sponsor will rank the applicable tied entrants in descending alphabetical order by last name (and if necessary then by first name), such that the last name beginning with 'z' would rank higher on the list of potential winners than the last name beginning with 'v.'.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be made available, consisting of two (2) days of High Performance Driving School for winner and one (1) eligible guest at the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club in Nevada, including: round trip coach air travel for winner and one (1) guest from the major gateway airport closest to winner's residence to Nevada (airports determined solely by Sponsor); double occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights for winner and guest at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club including breakfast and lunch during stay; two (2) days of High Performance Driving School for winner and one (1) eligible guest at the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School; double occupancy hotel accommodations for one (1) night at a hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; a grand total of US$500 spending money awarded in the form of a check made payable to winner; and a grand total US$500 rental car allowance awarded in the form of a check made payable to winner. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is US$8,250. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions; blackout dates may apply. Trip must be taken by October 30, 2017, or trip will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel dates may be selected by winner (subject to budget, availability, and Sponsor's approval) and cannot be changed once booked. All travel is subject to approval of Sponsor, and all travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or Sponsor's designee. For the avoidance of doubt, round trip coach air travel is limited to one plane seat per traveler. The winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents (including government issued picture identification and/or passport, as required). The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in its sole and absolute discretion. ARV of prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. A winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and/or guest may be required to provide a major credit card at the time of hotel check-in, to cover incidentals and room security. Further, hotel may require the party providing a major credit card to be age 21 or older. Winner's guest must be at least age 18 as of the date of departure, and must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Once a guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by Sponsor's transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or other prize elements will not be replaced or exchanged. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of any prize package, and are solely the applicable winner's responsibility, including, but not limited to: ground transportation between the winner's home and home airport, travel insurance, additional meals, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. In the event a prize winner (and/or his or her guest) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early for that winner and guest. If any element of the Grand Prize is cancelled or postponed beyond the control of Sponsor, the remaining portion of the Grand Prize will be awarded as complete and final, and no substitute compensation will be offered. If a winner lives within 200 miles of selected destination (as determined by Sponsor), Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of airfare for that winner and guest at its sole discretion, and any difference in value will not be awarded. To be eligible to participate in the driving school portion of the Grand Prize, participants: (a) must possess a valid driver's license issued by their jurisdiction of residence; (b) must be able to follow audio instructions while driving; (c) must follow all track rules and the instructions provided by the driving school staff; and (d) may be required to provide a credit card for track car damage security, as well as any additional documentation, releases, and/or agreements as deemed necessary by the driving school staff in its sole discretion. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE DRIVING SCHOOL PORTION OF THE GRAND PRIZE, EACH PARTICIPANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE: (A) UNDERSTANDS THAT BY PARTICIPATING IN THE DRIVING SCHOOL, HE/SHE WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY; (B) HEREBY ACCEPTS AND ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND DANGERS THAT MAY DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULT FROM HIS/HER INVOLVEMENT IN THE ACTIVITY, INCLUDING THE POSSIBILITY OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY, PHYSICAL DISABILITY, AND/OR DEATH; (C) WILL ABIDE BY ANY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS RELAYED BY THE DRIVING SCHOOL STAFF; AND (D) AGREES THAT ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF SPONSOR AND/OR THE DRIVING SCHOOL STAFF, AND CAN BE WITHDRAWN AT ANY TIME.
First Prizes: Twenty-four (24) First Prizes will be made available, each consisting of an Apple(R) iPad Air(R) 2 16GB with Wi-Fi, ARV US$399 each. Limit one (1) First Prize per person/household.
Odds of winning depend on the accuracy of an entrant's Contest Bid(s), the timing in which they received, and potentially the number of Social Shares an entrant submits. See Section 7 below for winner notification details and additional prize restrictions.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Each potential winner will be notified by email and/or Facebook message within approximately 5-10 business days following the end of the Contest, to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the applicable prize, and to obtain his/her complete contact information. Such notification messages will be sent. Any such message will instruct the potential winner to reply within three (3) full business days (measured in the local time zone) after the time that the notification message or comment was sent. Potential winner must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such three (3) full business day period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsor's sole discretion, a potential winner may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. The potential winner may subsequently be required to complete a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsor at the time of such request. The potential Grand Prize winner will also be required to return a properly completed IRS W-9 form (or if a Canadian resident, an IRS W-8BEN form) within the time period specified by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold any portion of a prize deemed necessary for compliance with tax withholding requirements, and to forward such portion to the applicable taxing authority on behalf of a winner. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim a prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion if: (a) he/she fails to reply or to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable. In the event of disqualification of a winner, at Sponsor's sole discretion the prize may be awarded to the entrant with the next highest number of points in the applicable segment of the Contest, pending verification of eligibility. If any prize remains unclaimed after three (3) potential winners have been notified for that prize, the prize may remain unawarded, in Sponsor's sole discretion. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing social media account information or email address associated with a Contest Bid, or for any change of such information after Contest Bid submission. If a potential winner is age 18 or older as is required for participation, but has not yet reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of the potential winner's parent or legal guardian, who must be otherwise eligible under these Official Rules and fulfill all requirements of a potential winner. The prize winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities a portion of the prize representing the amount of any taxes required to be withheld. Any prize details not specified will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize substitution will be allowed except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
- SOCIAL SHARE REQUIREMENTS: Any changes or additions that a participant makes to a default pre-populated Social Share post or message must be either: (a) entirely original, created by the entrant; (b) property of Sponsor or Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC; or (c) in the public domain. The addition by a participant of any other elements may result in disqualification of a Social Share, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Social Shares must not contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to vulgarity, obscenity, lewd, or violent material, or materials which promote hate or violence. Social Shares must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies. Social Shares must not defame or invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon a person's personal or proprietary rights. Social Shares that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements or are deemed to be immoral, obscene, profane or not in keeping with Sponsor's image (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be considered void. Sponsor and Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC retain all rights in their products and services, and participation in this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any intellectual property rights to any participant.
By submitting a Social Share, you represent and warrant that any changes or additions you make to a default pre-populated Social Share post or message: (a) are wholly original (apart from any allowable public domain elements or property of the Contest Entities); and (b) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party. Sponsor's determination is final as to whether any changes or additions you make to a default pre-populated Social Share post or message violate the rights of any third party. Submitting a Social Share in which you have added material which is copyrighted by a third party will make you responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against you.
By submitting a Social Share, you grant the Sponsor and its affiliated companies the unconditional and perpetual right and permission (subject only to any applicable rights of the applicable social media platform) to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Social Share or part thereof (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. Should Sponsor edit your Social Share for purposes of re-use, you are not relieved from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules. You agree that, upon request by the Sponsor, you will sign a copyright assignment. By participating, you further agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Releasees (as defined below), or any other person or entity, on the grounds that any use of the Social Share, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights, including, without limitation, copyrights and moral rights. You further acknowledge that, unless specified otherwise herein, the Sponsor is in no way obligated to broadcast, publish or use your Social Share in any way. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and the Sponsor. In no way are you to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsor.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Contest Entities, Facebook, and Twitter, together with the parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies of each, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents of each (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the "Releasees") are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Velocity Channel, Discovery Channel, or any affiliated Sponsor network in any location; (b) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or garbled entries; (c) any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; (d) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or other equipment related to or resulting from participation in the Contest, (e) changes to social media platform policies and procedures that may interfere with the operation of the Contest; or (f) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. Releasees are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, Releasees are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any conflict between any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any Contest advertising materials, the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described in these Official Rules only. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, any Contest Bid or Social Share will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the associated email and/or Facebook account, provided such account holder must still meet the eligibility requirements for the Contest. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address and/or Facebook account has been assigned by the applicable email service provider or Facebook, as applicable. Each potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that such potential winner is the applicable authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the applicable participant will be deemed ineligible. Use of any device to automate participation is prohibited. You are not a winner until your participation has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. Screen shots or any other purported evidence of winning (including but not limited to the display of any leaderboard at any point in time) will not be accepted in place of Sponsor's own methods of winner determination and verification. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CONTEST ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- GENERAL: By participating in the Contest, participants agree: (a) to release, discharge and hold harmless Releasees from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and (b) if a winner, to permit Contest Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state/province address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.velocity.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. If, for any reason, the Contest (or portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, extend, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest and to select the applicable winner(s) from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension (in accordance with the means of winner determination described herein), or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, each participant hereby agrees by participating that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Maryland (USA). All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of participants, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland (USA), without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland (USA) or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland (USA).
- INDEMNITY: By participating, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Releasees due to or arising out of his/her participation in the Contest, or his/her conduct in participating in or otherwise in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
- SEVERABILITY/HEADINGS: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
- WINNER LIST: To receive the name, city and state/province of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 30, 2016 to: Velocity's Auction Insider Las Vegas 2016 Contest Winners, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT USA 06488-0750. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
(C)2016 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
The names Barrett-Jackson, Barrett-Jackson.com, and all associated graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Barrett-Jackson Auction Co. LLC or its affiliates. Barrett-Jackson Auction Co. LLC is not a sponsor of this contest. Spring Mountain Motorsports is not a sponsor of this contest. Apple and iPad are registered marks and trademarks of Apple Inc which is not a participant or sponsor of, and does not endorse, this contest.